MFPG PRIVACY & YOU
At Murrayville Family Practice group [MFPG] we understand the importance of privacy and the protection of our patients’ personal information. MFPG has always placed the highest value on ensuring the confidentiality of the patient’s personal information trusted to us.
Accuracy and Retention
MFPG endeavours to ensure that your personal information is as accurate as necessary and generally retains personal information as long as is required by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C. (CPSBC) in order to fulfill the purposes for which it was originally collected.
Protection of Personal Information
MFPG endeavors to maintain appropriate physical, procedural, and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities.
Access to your Personal Information
MFPG endeavors to provide access to personal information within a reasonable time and no later than 30 days from the date of your request. MFPG may decline to provide access to personal information in certain limited circumstances
When the MFPG may disclose your personal information
- Medical Specialists, both in the community and the hospital
- Accredited diagnostic facilities, including but not limited to Medical Imaging and Clinical Laboratory Services
- Third Party Insurers, who have received your prior approval
- Worksafe B.C. adjustors, where you have authorized the release of information
- ICBC claims adjustors, where you have authorized the release of information
MFPG does not engage in any commercial use of your information.
Resolving you Privacy Concerns
In the event of questions about MFPG’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information please contact us at 1-604-533-1140.